Welcome to The Colony Forums Owners Owners Forum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      vabeachcolony
      Keymaster
      Lee Molaison

The new website is running we can communicate with each other again!
      The message from the board section will be from board members only for owners to get information from. Owners will not be able to comment on it just read it.
      The owner/sales site will be for owners to put their week in to swap, sell and rent out to other owners.
      The documents are for bylaws, minutes, articles of incorporation and master deed.
      Thank you for supporting the Colony.

Barbara/Eduardo Mancini

Owners of weeks 26/33

Laurie Hoffman

I really don’t understand how this works or is it because there are no entries? When it says “viewing 2 reply threads” I can’t see the 2 replies. The last Forum was easy to read and reply to. What is Website for?

Jim Jacobs

I see that you are looking for some replies, so it might be interesting to see if this reply is visible after it is submitted. Just a test.

Lee Molaison

To reply to a comment click on the word reply, put in your name & email address. Then type your reply in the comments.

Laurie Hoffman

Do we need a different login to look at owners Sales and Rental Forum?

Lee Molaison

It should be the same password.

Rosemary Guyton

I haven’t been on here since this new site was created as my laptop was out of commission. I really like the new loop. Very professional. Have been reading some of the Board meeting minutes to get caught up on updates to The Colony. Can sommeone tell me who Capri is? Thank you in advance.

Ron Boggs

Capri, is the one who is in charge of cleaning the units as well as getting the laundry cleaned each week.

Lee Molaison

Capri is our head house keeper in charge of anything to do with housekeeping. She is also an employee of The Colony.

Jim Jacobs

Hi There, I have a question for everyone.
      I have been mailing a physical check to pay my maintenance fee for so many years now – with the hope of one day being able to pay this on line. I just have a small number of checks that I rights in a year, and the Colony is one that I would like to change to an on-line credit card payment.
      What are the feelings of group about making this option a reality?
      Thanks

Ron Boggs

Jim,
        You can pay with a credit card for your fees. I think there is 3% fee for doing this. Please call the office to see what the exact fee is. But you can pay with a card.

Lee Molaison

GM is in the process of doing that now, although I don’t think it is ready yet.

Allen Friszman owner week 31 unit 901

Hello,

Will there be a newsletter published for Year end 2023? Will there be information on the maintenance fees
      for 2024?

Laurie Hoffman

It was sent via email the other day

Lee Molaison

The newsletter has been mailed out, so have the invoices/bills. The newsletter is on this website under documents. Billing has also been sent out via email along with a mailed one.

Laurie Hoffman

What are Bonus weeks? It doesn’t give much information about it on Messages from the Board. Also you want us to use this site for information, news and comments but no one is on here and there’s never any answers!!

Juanita Arcaro

From what I gather, Bonus weeks are weeks that we owners may rent at a discount. They are either weeks that The Colony owns or units whose fees are delinquent.

Lee Molaison

I just updated the bonus week information on the board messages. A bonus week is a discounted week for deeded owners only. Joe & I are the only ones that reply to anything. I haven’t been on the forum much, I’ve been answering FB a lot but moving more to here.

Juanita Arcaro

I’ve just experimented with the payment methods. The 1st one is writing a check that is now sent to “The Colony Councul” at a new address (PO Box 12967, Newport News, VA 23612) The second did not work for me: going directly to paylease.com. I was able to access paylease (ZEGO) through this site. Be warned there is a flat $2.99 charge for online payment from your bank, but a whopping nearly 4.0% surcharge for using a credit card. For me that was $39! The 4th method is to phone in your payment, and I did not check out those fees.

I will be sending a check to the management company at the Newport News address.

Juanita Arcaro

I am an owner (301-38) and this is a closed quorum, so I don’t understand why we are all listed as “guests.”

Lee Molaison

I’m guessing the guest part is the way the web designer set it up.

Debra Haley

We are interested in selling our timeshare PH2 week 17 for $3000.

Lee Molaison

You can put it here, but the sales/rental part under owners is probably a better place to post it.

Richard Martinez

I own 2 weeks and I still have not received the invoice for 2024…….I need to know the amount I owe….do I need to go online somewhere for the fees or are they mailing it like always….its due next week……thnks

Mike DeYoung

I received my invoice and newsletter in yesterday’s mail (01/02/20254).

Mike DeYoung

Correction. (01/02/2024).

Richard Martinez

nevermind…..I found the page…..thnks

james dargan

I am trying to list 2 units for sale;
      601 week 35 and PH3 week 18,
      I previously contacted Patricia Grossi 757-373-3361, but did not see these units on the list provided by “keymaster”
      your letter of 12/23 also indicates Jessica Burke 888-556-2495 as an option to sell, it appears she works in a different office than Patricia.

Lee Molaison

James,
      Patricia & Jessica are two different companies. I’m not sure what exactly “key master” is?You will not see it here unless you post it here or under sales/rent. If you contacted Patricia I would let her handle everything. I hope this helps.

james dargan

the “keymaster” posted the below on the Protected: Owners Sales/Rentals Forum

vabeachcolony
        Keymaster
        Want to Own More Timeshare?
        Click here to see what is available.=list of units for sale

Edward Lambe Jr

In one of the emails I have read in this forum, it says to make sure to keep you Owner ID# and Contract ID# that was mailed out in the Newsletter.
      I’m a person that likes context. Does anyone know what these ID #’s are used for? NOT that is a big deal, just curious since or so long, I’ve just utilized Condo # and week #. Any idea?

Lee Molaison

I believe they are used if you pay your maintenance fees online.

Lee Molaison

Here is a list of improvements Kallie Kostas & I came up with that have been done since 2022.

> Colony improvements since 2022.
      >
      >
      > Refinished Stucco on 2 sides of the building
      >
      >
      > Resealed the roof
      >
      >
      > Corrected all fire code and all building code violations
      >
      >
      > New fire panel that for the first time ever is being monitored by the fire department
      >
      >
      > Installed new electrical drive for each of the water pumps that supply building water pressure & one pump was rebuilt.This means constant water throughout the building.
      >
      >
      > Replaced pool deck lighting and painted outside pool walls that were stained.
      >
      >
      > Replaced patio door
      >
      >
      > Repainted Parking lot lines and numbers
      >
      >
      > Installed new security cameras
      >
      >
      > Cleaned air ducts
      >
      >
      > Cleaning all ac units
      >
      >
      > Lobby -cleaned, decluttered, fixed ramp bump.
      >
      >
      > Interior lobby door currently being replaced with double doors with (keyless) passcode lock
      >
      >
      > Keyless entry on all exterior doors & gates
      >
      >
      > Major elevator repair. More on the way.
      >
      >
      > Repainted halls and doors
      >
      >
      > All units deep cleaned
      >
      >
      > Broken fixtures removed
      >
      >
      > Cleaned and organized offices & storage areas- removed hazardous materials.
      >
      >
      > Rebuilt master’s owners contact list and brought in improved software to streamline Colony files.
      >
      >
      > New bbqs
      >
      >
      > New pots and pans and Keurig coffee makers
      >
      >
      > Regrouted bathrooms, reglazed tubs, new shower curtains
      >
      >
      > Replaced broken blinds
      >
      >
      > New mattress/pillow covers, bedding and towels. All beds now have bed bug covers.
      >
      >
      > New mattresses in all units. Second bedroom full size beds have been replaced by queen size beds.
      >
      >
      > New nightstands and dressers in second bedrooms in the 02 and 03 units to accommodate the now larger beds.
      >
      >
      > Hired competent cleaning company
      >
      >
      > Arranged to have a round the clock Colony personnel presence- either someone is available in the office or there is a security guard available to offer assistance
      >
      >
      > Improved website and installing high speed internet
      >
      >
      > Improved building management and communications
      >
      >
      > Improved rental opportunities and increased RCI value – the Colony received the RCI Silver Crown recognition award.
      >
      >
      > Conducted financial review and organized finances. No more wasteful spending- all purchases require board approval
      >
      >
      > Improved board function and election process
      >
      >
      > Friendly, attentive office and maintenance staff in new Colony apparel to be easily identified
      >
      >
      > Improved online reviews
      >
      >

Peter Isager

Has anyone received a 1099 form in the mail from Tripforth for unit rentals?

Paul N Proto

As instructed by the Colony, I paid the maintenance fees by check mailed to Good Management in mid December, before Good Managment sent the invoices which contained the ID number and contract number as well as how to pay on line through Zebo. I confirmed with Good Management by phone that it had received my payment (check was posted on December 27). I have since tried to get on a Good Management website to track my payment history – but the only way one can track payments online is if you pay by Zebo. Good Management does not have a system set up for Colony owners to be able to confirm payment history on line other than through Zebo. Just surprised that Good Management does not have a system (other than Zebo) whereby a Colony owner can track and confirm that payments have been received and applied to the correct units, regardless of payment method

Peter Isager

I have received my 1099 form. It was for almost twice what they paid me??

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.